NCMA SGV Virtual Event with Justine Siegal
Time & Location
About the Event
Join NCMA San Gabriel Valley Chapter for a free virtual social hour and presentation from Justine Siegal
After earning her PhD in Sport Psychology, Justine became the first woman to coach for a Major League Baseball Organization (Oakland Atheltics, 2015) and to throw batting practice to a MLB team during Spring Training (Cleveland Indians, 2011). In 2016, she served as Mental Performance Coach for Team Israel at the MLB World Baseball Classic Qualifier.
Now, Justine is giving back to the next generation with Baseball For All, a nonprofit she founded to provide opportunities for girls to play, coach, and lead in baseball. She is an inductee of the National Women's Sports Museum and has been named as an Everyday Hero by espnW. Some of Justine's presentation topics are listed below:
· Challenges she has faced becoming the first woman to coach for a Major League Baseball Organization.
· Involvement in Sports Gender Equity.
· Experience Coaching the Oakland Athletics.
· Challenges she has faced obtaining and participating in Leadership roles.
· Advice she would shake up the roots within the workplace.
4:45 – 5:15 Virtual Social Hour
5:15 – 5:30 Introduction from Tom Koponen
5:30 – 6:30 Justine Siegal’s Presentation
6:30 – 7:00 Q&A
7:00 – Closing Remarks
Location: Zoom Online
Investment: Members & Students: Free
Registration deadline 6/15/2020
- Members & Students: Free$0$00$0
- Non-Members: Free$0$00$0